Ally Commerce is a turnkey eCommerce solution for brand manufacturers selling direct to consumers. Our multi-channel offering includes marketplaces and branded technology that yield significantly greater results for our clients.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of building a rapidly growing business, with strong financial backing, for a product that you believe in. We are a collaborative, fluid, entrepreneurial, results-oriented team.
We are looking for an individual who wants to be a part of evolving our innovative eCommerce platform. The opportunity to gain insights and add value to our eCommerce growth engine is expansive. You should be comfortable working in an open environment where problem solving is foremost, roles are flexible, change is constant and communication is essential.
The key outcomes for this role are:
- Server setup and maintenance and optimization
- Site reliability engineer - focuses on uptime, stability, scalability, etc.
- Manage continuous integration and deployment pipelines
- eCommerce Infrastructure Server setup (web, database, load balancers, firewall, DNS, CDN) and maintenance in a cloud-based environment using automation tools
- Maintain secure environments
- Help drive architectural direction, continual performance optimizations and end-to-end improvements to the platform
- Deploy and manage new eCommerce websites for clients
- Deliver measurable improvements in website performance and efficiency through optimization
- Participate on cross-functional teams and communicate technical details to non-technical team members
- Interface with, and advise clients in regard to: server setup, maintenance, optimization, and security (as needed)
- 2-5 years experience in DevOps
- Experience utilizing Chef, Puppet or similar tools
- Prior experience with cloud-based deployments
- Experience with Git
- Aptitude for analyzing, developing new, and re-engineering business processes
- Experience with AWS
- Highly motivated with a positive (can do!) attitude that generates a path to success in the midst of large strategic goals, constant change, and limited capacity
- Creative, with innovative problem solving skills
- Previous experience in a startup environment
- Some experience with Terraform
- B.S. Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of eCommerce shopping cart software framework (eg. Magento, Shopify)
- Experience delivering technology solutions in a high growth environment where priorities shift quickly
- Experience working with teams following a Scrum/Agile development standards
Workplace and Benefits
The Ally Commerce workplace is casual in dress but rigorous in all other ways! You will be surrounded by smart people who like to work hard and have fun with each other. We offer the typical benefits including medical, dental, 401k and paid time off.
Ally Commerce provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We prohibit any form of workplace harassment related to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.