Ally Commerce is a turnkey e-commerce solution for brand manufacturers selling direct to consumers. Our multi-channel offering includes branded websites and marketplaces. We provide the technology, marketing, customer service, fulfillment and more. What sets us apart from the market is our combination of expertise and proprietary technology, which yields significantly greater results for our clients.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of building a rapidly growing business, with strong financial backing, for a product that you believe in. We are a collaborative, fluid, entrepreneurial team.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of building a rapidly growing business for a product you believe in. We are a collaborative, fluid and entrepreneurial team. The key objective for this person is to grow e-commerce sales for its clients. The expected outcomes are holistic, which also include managing clients’ profitability and customer satisfaction. You will manage your clients’ e-commerce businesses through both Ally’s internal operations and partnering with your clients. This is basically running an e-commerce business with an amazing team and tools that are more powerful than you’ve ever used before. This is a consultative role that requires thought leadership and influencing client executives. You will own your book of accounts. A successful candidate will have demonstrated success in building and managing client relationships with large organizations, with an emphasis on engagement and influence at the C-level. This role will report to the VP of Account Management & Product Management. We believe that your impact and learning will be greater in this job than any other.
- Maximize clients’ e-commerce sales, profits, and customer satisfaction.
- Shape clients’ e-commerce strategy, determine priorities, help secure resources and org alignment, lead execution of those opportunities across all functions, and evangelize your results with client stakeholders.
- Identify and rigorously prioritize growth drivers such as traffic generation, channel strategy, conversion improvement, site optimization, inventory planning, pricing strategy, merchandising, and more.
- Analyze data and use it to drive client results, then evangelize it.
- Proactively identify and resolve issues and risks to client outcomes.
- Lead execution across functions including strategy/planning, marketing, customer service, operations, and more.
- Manage stakeholders across all functions, and up the C level.
- Present regularly to various stakeholders ranging from Director of E-Commerce to CEO.
- Become a thought leader in e-commerce.
- Help build Ally’s team, processes, and product.
- Build quantifiable business cases that will persuade your clients to support and implement your recommendations as quickly as possible.
- Pursue incremental service and business opportunities as appropriate.
What We Are Looking For
- Demonstrated success in growing a P&L through strong entrepreneurial general management skills
- Excellent ability to quickly synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data down to conclusions, prioritize opportunities, rally stakeholders, and drive speedy execution
- Proven leadership of e-commerce projects, and extensive knowledge of e-commerce technologies and sophisticated e-commerce analytics
- Strong skills in operating multiple functions of a business
- Interpersonal and persuasive skills, particularly with business decision makers. When you’ve identified an opportunity, you must effectively articulate the business case to get approval
- Analytical skills, both qualitative and quantitative. Must be able to work through ambiguous, complex situations and break them down into logical parts, ask good questions and analyze data to identify opportunities and drive forward
- Ability to simplify complex concepts into simple storylines for clients
- Strong Program / Project management and delivery skills
- Meticulous, organized, disciplined and detail-oriented approach to work
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills. You will have opportunities and customers of all sizes. You won’t have time for most of them. Prioritization will be critical
- Ability to create and deliver strong executive presentations
- Excellent at identifying / managing a client’s organizational and political challenges
- Cultural fit – enjoy working in a dynamic, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment that focuses on continuous improvement and direct communication
- Open to travel as needed
Experience and Education
- 5+ years of experience in a high performing complex role; e-commerce and / or startup environment experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Marketing, Computer Science or a relevant field of work required
- Skilled in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficient in Google Suite
- Salesforce reporting and dashboard creation a plus
- Domo experience a plus
Ally Commerce provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Ally Commerce complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Ally Commerce expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Ally Commerce’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.