Ally Commerce is a turnkey eCommerce solution for brand manufacturers selling direct to consumers. Our multi-channel offering includes marketplaces and branded technology that yield significantly greater results for our clients.
This is a rare opportunity to be part of building a rapidly growing business, with strong financial backing, for a product that you believe in. We are a collaborative, fluid, entrepreneurial, results-oriented team.
This position is an integral part of the Operations management team and responsible for developing and implementing operational plans that are scalable and improve the efficiency and accuracy of the customer experience.
- Timely fulfillment and distribution of inventory
- People management
- Process improvement
- Business Collaboration
- Same Day Shipping
- Inventory Management within benchmark standards
- Rapid Process Improvement
- Warehouse associate retention
- Greater process efficiency reducing defects
- Customer and Client satisfaction
Areas of responsibility include: Order Fulfillment, Inventory Accuracy and Quality Control Management, Returns Management, Data and Metric Analysis, and Capacity Planning and Logistics. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inventory Fulfillment and distribution:
- Practice fulfillment frugality with a measured approach to warehouse improvements.
- Monitor and regulate inbound and outbound trailers based on volume requirements.
- Analyze metrics, data mine existing data, and develop additional metrics
- Conduct analysis on trends in inventory and help prioritize Inventory Control Audits.
- Lead and perform morning standups for accountability, daily plan and assignments, information sharing, and mandatory stretches.
- Lead, mentor and coach the operations team for optimal performance through maintaining high process standards, achieving benchmark metrics and a new training program.
- Function autonomously in daily labor staffing for new inventory and during peak sales seasons.
- Maintain the vigorous recruiting and interview process for selecting and onboarding the best qualified candidates.
- Address performance or behavior issues immediately using direct communication, looking first at the process then at the associate.
- Monitor and approve associate timecards, time-off requests, and other staffing responsibilities.
- Establish a warehouse culture of teamwork and continuous process improvement.
- Modify and achieve Benchmark standards for increased efficiency and speed.
- Learn to manipulate data systems for analysis for improved information.
- Utilize Warehouse Operations Shipping knowledge to improve (Receive, Pick, Pack, Ship).
- Own each process and Benchmark standard.
- Function autonomously in Project Management.
- Analyze current processes, identify problems, determine the root cause and implement new processes or procedures to prevent any reoccurrence.
- Identify opportunities for expense reductions in shipping materials, shipping costs and labor costs.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with Ally leaders in Account Management, Customer Services, Listings, Human Resource and Technology to understand the client and customer needs and lead with quality customer service.
- Proactively prepare for new client onboarding by staying informed about the sales pipeline, inventory projections, and receipt date.
- Closely monitor warehouse capacity and create additional space through consistent consolidation and bin creation.
- Communicate daily with the Customer Service team for proactive notification of any inventory shortages, mis-ships, outages or other product or shipment issues.
- Identify all logistic needs based on current and forecasted inventory mix and volume.
- View Ally shared metrics for feedback regarding issues with fulfillment, any errors or inventory that requires investigation for the root cause for process improvement.
- Manage and improve the Returns process to ensure quality in process and resale.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 3+ years in an operations management role with responsibilities including hiring and termination.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, coach, influence, hold accountable and motivate a team with a servant management approach.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong process engineering/improvement skills
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office with advanced Excel abilities.
- Demonstrated planning and organization skills.
- Experience working in an e-commerce, operations environment.
- Experience building warehouse processes and standard operating procedures.
- Certified black belt in Six Sigma or Lean.
- Experience managing both inbound and outbound operational teams.
- Experience managing reverse logistics (returns) in a retail or wholesale environment.
- Experience managing Value Added Service teams to accommodate special project requests from clients.
- Working knowledge of e-commerce marketplaces, including Amazon, Ebay, Jet, Reverb, etc..
Workplace and Benefits
The Ally Commerce workplace is casual in dress but rigorous in all other ways! You will be surrounded by smart people who like to work hard and have fun with each other. We offer the typical benefits including medical, dental, 401k and paid time off.
Ally Commerce provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. We prohibit any form of workplace harassment related to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.